DIY adjustable spraybar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm in the process of making a new spraybar to accommodate CO2 injection. I know I want it to point downwards to prevent the CO2 from being expelled at the surface, but I'm not sure exactly which angle I want it at.

I was at the hardware store picking up timers and grabbed a couple of PVC fittings that have the threaded ends thinking that I could attach it to the spraybar and could screw it or unscrew it to adjust the direction the holes are pointing.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424911214.724590.jpg

Like this. If I do decide to change the direction the holes are pointing the change from unscrewing it a little won't be so dramatic that it would detach the two fittings, so I'm pretty confident it would stay together.

Not sure if my description makes sense, put if it does..do you think it would work out?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Side or back mounted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd have it capable of 3 independent directions if that makes sense.. that way you can tailor flow direction to what's in front of that one section. For instance, I have a spray bar on the side with the front section point down towards the carpet and the rear section more upwards as to not blow stem plants over..

I have no clue what you mean. How would I go about doing that?

Use couplings.. under water it should seal itself good enough.

Haha I'm not understanding what you're meaning at all. Can you take a picture of yours or sketch it out or something?

Back
Top Bottom