DIY Aquarium Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wondering if anybody has any suggestions for an inexpensive aquarium background. I was thinking of just buying the aquarium paper to tape to the back of the tank. Considering if I want to invest the time into carving styrofoam into a rock sculpture (questioning if I have the patience) Any general thoughts or ideas?

I just taped a $5 wallpaper to my 40b Jack Dempsey tank. 15 mins and I was done

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428196830.603254.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Self stick limo tint available at Wal-Mart. 5%. There's also a 2.5% but it's not self stick and will be somewhat more permanent. Wet it with water and soap solution, slide it on, squegee it out. Inexpensive, quick, easy, removable.

Self stick limo tint available at Wal-Mart. 5%. There's also a 2.5% but it's not self stick and will be somewhat more permanent. Wet it with water and soap solution, slide it on, squegee it out. Inexpensive, quick, easy, removable.

I actually used this idea. Worked great thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad it worked for you. I had to remove mine, spin the aquarium around and reapply so it's not as reflective as it once was. Still debating on whether I want to buy more and do it again. It does make a nice background so that fish, plants, and decor stand out.

Back
Top Bottom