Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Diy gel food

Hello!

I was wondering if i could make my own gel food purely out of frozen bloodworms? The reason is I want to be able to feed bloodworms to my panda corys but my betta is too fast and eats them before my corys have a chance. So i had the idea to kind of make them into a gel food that is too big for my betta to swallow whole but a good "wafer" for my corys to eat off.

Thanks!

(Also otherwhise my corys and bettas get along really nicely)

Old 08-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

You could. Just make sure when you do it, you mix the gel by hand and not with a mixer. You want as few air bubbles in as possible. You could also try giving them the worms in a turkey Bastet to bypass the bettas territory.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks!
I made some just now, I also mixed some grinded up pellets for carnivores in there. I didn't measure tho so let's see how it works out haha
Old 08-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've made my own gel foods, and my fish love it. But the one vegetarian one I've tried makes the water really green. You can also add fresh minced garlic to it.

Tags
diy, food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com