DIY tank lid made out of picture frame glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sai Sauce

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409430572.630075.jpg I used 2 picture frame glass that I got from 99c store and got these black clipper from amazon (forgot the name). The handle is just from a Zagg squeegee that I cut and hot glue it. I then silicone the "handle" to the two glass and silicone the two black clipper that is holding the glass. Let me know what you guys think lol. Was made for my 20 gallon. It wasn't long enough so I had to leave spaces

Using My iPad and I Love Fishes!

Looks good

I make my lids from storm windows that my buddy gets when they replace old windows U didn't say anything about knocking the sharp edges off so u don't get cut. What I do is wrap a peace of 220 sandpaper around a 12in. Wooden ruler and sand the edge top and bottom at about a 50 degree angle till smooth.

Glad to see people thinking outside the box. You can find glass hinges that glue to the glass at most hardware stores. Thought I would mention that in case someone else wanted to do this.

Glad to see people thinking outside the box. You can find glass hinges that glue to the glass at most hardware stores. Thought I would mention that in case someone else wanted to do this.

That's good to know about the hinges. Mine split a while back and I only use the front pane to slow down the evaporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom