Do black Kuhli Loaches feel comfortable w/ tiger stripped ones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystic Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
The reason i ask, is because i have 4 tiger stripped ones and 1 black one. The black one from what ive seen is always by itself and the only one doing crazy circles along the glass (wide circles, not from internal parasites i think).

Maybe it needs to feel comfortable with its black friends?

ah ****, i thought they would all mix. i can maybe fit 1 more (29 gal tall)

Thanks

Thanks.

Ok, I just seen a stripped 1 slither over the top of the black 1 while they were eating zucchini and he seemed fine with that

Thanks.

Ok, I just seen a stripped 1 slither over the top of the black 1 while they were eating zucchini and he seemed fine with that

I believe they are the sea species so they should be fine but sometimes morphology plays a part in social behaviors and they might not recognize each other as the same type. Albino corys will not school with bronze corys (The same species) simply because of pigmenting I believe.

I have two black ones with five striped ones and they seem to do fine together

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I believe they are the sea species so they should be fine but sometimes morphology plays a part in social behaviors and they might not recognize each other as the same type. Albino corys will not school with bronze corys (The same species) simply because of pigmenting I believe.

Very interesting about the corys. Ive would of thought they would get along since there seems to be so many different variations. Then again albino's probably arnt really a natural species group

I have two black ones with five striped ones and they seem to do fine together

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That also seems a bit better with the extra black one aswell. I'll probably get 1 more black one. Thanks.

Very interesting about the corys. Ive would of thought they would get along since there seems to be so many different variations. Then again albino's probably arnt really a natural species group

They'll still get along but their natural behaviors won't be exhibited.In respect to the albino fish they would not be a natural group as it is hugely un advantageous.

Back
Top Bottom