do bloodworms cause 'cloudy water' ??? my water is cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering, do bloodworms make the water cloudy??

because in the past 2 weeks - my tank has started to look more cloudy than usual .

Live, frozen or freeze dried?
Live can give you a bacterial bloom, freeze dried & frozen shouldn't be clouding your water.

dave

with the dried and frozen, if you put too much in and don't take the leftovers out, then yeah, it can definitly cause cloudy water.

lmw80 said:
with the dried and frozen, if you put too much in and don't take the leftovers out, then yeah, it can definitly cause cloudy water.

hrrrm...there is never leftovers :wink:
all the bloodworms are gone in 10 seconds !!!!

i'm thinking its my driftwood causing the cloudiness.
My bristlenose and cories like to eat it and break bits off..I can see tiny bits of brown floating around (including a yellow water)

oh, ok. If the water is a little yellow, the driftwood is probably new. As long as you are not medicating the tank, put some activated carbone in there...should take the yellow tint right out of there.

Did you soak/boil the driftwood prior to putting it in your tank?

lmw80 said:
oh, ok. If the water is a little yellow, the driftwood is probably new. As long as you are not medicating the tank, put some activated carbone in there...should take the yellow tint right out of there.

Did you soak/boil the driftwood prior to putting it in your tank?

yepp.
I boiled it for 48 hours !!!!!
8O

but its a pretty big "thick" piece.

and despite most of the tannins having already leached....
my bristlenose constantly nips, picks and breaks the top layer of the wood.
So I have tiny wood particles floating in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom