Do different types of Betta act differently?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I was thinking I might try breeding him after this semester. He is 6-7 inches long from nose to end of tail. I'm not sure what caused him to become a giant other than lots of attention and a healthy appetite.

I'd need to find a female that I want to breed him with. The female that I have is beautiful but I'm afraid he would crush her during the mating squeeze because she's itty bitty.

I should inform you that my boyfriend bought her from PetSmart and she has developed ich in the past 3 days. We've only had her for 2 weeks and I think he stressed her out by not using a net to catch her when he changed her water last.

I've never had ich on any bettas I've had before her and I've owned several from the big pet stores. I think her lot just had ich and it wasn't an issue until she got stressed out and her immune system crashed. Just be careful when you buy your betta to make sure to keep them healthy and happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There is a "Giant" gene. Its a thing. Otherwise they would all be identical sizes, in the same conditions.

And you catch your fish when changing water? Been i while since ive done that :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Her tank gets 100% water changes because her tank isn't cycled. But the other tanks I use a syphon and leave the betta and frogs in. Once her ich is gone and I get her tank cycled, she'll never be moved for changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom