do fish like algee wafers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i honestly haven't had much luck with NLS. i got the special cichlid form for my rams. and it kind of floats up at the top. and they kind of hang out at the bottom.

My 20 or so ghost shrimp all immediately flock to algea wafers that I put in my tank they seem to enjoy it. I have not actually seen my snail eat it though.

my snail eats it. i try to drop it near him whenever i feed at night before the other fishies start eating it lol

Fish like (and most require) a varied diet. They'll eat what they need to, including their "greens". My mum used to make me eat mine, too. :)

One of the worst mistakes I think anyone can make in fishkeeping is to assume one type of food and only one type is right for the fish. In the wild a fish will eat anything it can to survive and we are not capable of truly observing this to know what their true diet is and should be in the tank. All we can do is try a bit of everything and give more of what we believe to be their ideal diet.

Typical example is a Pleco, they are scavengers, not 'algae eaters'. They'll happily eat meat if it's available, just like any true scavenger.

Yes they seem to like the shrimp pellets and the algee wafers! the sinking food lol. I bought NLS and they don't seem to care about it that much. they prefer the sinking food.

:) Be careful feeding too many algae wafers. It's really easy to foul up a tank with it. My wife killed my fish when I was away on business overfeeding it years ago now... Snails don't need much looking after. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom