Do i have any more room?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PleaseHelp

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 50 gallon long, with a 50-75 gal filter and 7 plants and plenty of hiding space. I have 10 neon tetras, 2 zebra danios, 1 long finned leopard danio, 1 marble danio, 3 serpae tetra, 2 platies, and 2 guppies. Do i have any more space for fish.

Yes you do but before you buy any different fish. I'd focus on bringing your schooling fish (danios, tetras) to 7-8 in numbers.

What other fish do you have in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

According to my calculations you are using 28 gallons of your tank. You should have roughly 27 gallons left to add more fish.

Broken down:
10 gallons for the neons
2 for the zebrS
1 for the danio
1 for the marble danio
6 for the serpae tetra
4 for the platies
4 for the guppies

So approx 27 gallons of free space. But with that being said I still wouldn't stock too much. Best to understock rather than overstock. Good luck choosing other fish. ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

According to my calculations you are using 28 gallons of your tank. You should have roughly 27 gallons left to add more fish.

Broken down:
10 gallons for the neons
2 for the zebrS
1 for the danio
1 for the marble danio
6 for the serpae tetra
4 for the platies
4 for the guppies

So approx 27 gallons of free space. But with that being said I still wouldn't stock too much. Best to understock rather than overstock. Good luck choosing other fish. ?

Are you using the 1inch to gallon rule? This rule is pretty outdated these days with modern day filters. Websites like aqadvisor are good places to start and although it is fairly conservative in its statements you can easily stock to 115-125% capacity using aqadvisor if you are monitoring water levels and performing water changes every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm roughly using it to give an idea. Like I said approximately. It's not fool proof by any means but it can help to see how many more fish you can add. It works for me. And yes aquadvisor is great to use. I use it to confirm my own calculations.

And you're right you can overstocked a bit depending on the type of fish and filter you use.

Back
Top Bottom