do i need to do anything or am i good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok this what i have
55g w/aquaclear 70
plants-wisteria, purple cabomba, crypto spirialia, ricca, java moss, java fern, sword (forget which kind)
fish-6 bleeding heart tetras, 5 harliquin rasboras, 5 neon tetras, 4 peppered cory, 4 guppies, 2 flying foxes, 2 mystery snails, 1 twig cat, 1 dwarf gourami

so thats all that i have right now my levels read 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 20 nitrates... does anyone think that i should add anything like a bubble rock or anything else that im not thinking about lol.... also if u feel like i should take out something let me know.... cant wait to hear back

From everything I have learned here having extra filtration is never a bad thing. Throw a second filter in there and you could use it as a instant cycled QT filter if needed.

From everything I have learned here having extra filtration is never a bad thing. Throw a second filter in there and you could use it as a instant cycled QT filter if needed.

yeah i thought about that i have an extra filter for a 30g i think that i might use

xfactor6699 said:
ok this what i have
55g w/aquaclear 70
plants-wisteria, purple cabomba, crypto spirialia, ricca, java moss, java fern, sword (forget which kind)
fish-6 bleeding heart tetras, 5 harliquin rasboras, 5 neon tetras, 4 peppered cory, 4 guppies, 2 flying foxes, 2 mystery snails, 1 twig cat, 1 dwarf gourami

so thats all that i have right now my levels read 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 20 nitrates... does anyone think that i should add anything like a bubble rock or anything else that im not thinking about lol.... also if u feel like i should take out something let me know.... cant wait to hear back

What kind of lighting do you have?

+1 on adding the AC30 for extra filtration.

What kind of lighting do you have?

+1 on adding the AC30 for extra filtration.

ive got a t-8 32watt x2 10000k fixture and a t-5 28watt x1 6500k and i fert with liquid fert..... plants are doing great

Sounds good and the only thing I can see wrong right now is, where are the pics? lol.

i would have lots of pics but the aa app is not working so i cant upload anything yet hopefully they fix that app soon cause i also have pics of my 500g that i would like to put up

xfactor6699 said:
i would have lots of pics but the aa app is not working so i cant upload anything yet hopefully they fix that app soon cause i also have pics of my 500g that i would like to put up

The app for droid is back and working :D.

I was told I should look into an air stone what does everyone else think

No co2 yet my friend was just worried about my corys not getting enough oxygen said its usually a good idea just wanted to hear other opinions

xfactor6699 said:
No co2 yet my friend was just worried about my corys not getting enough oxygen said its usually a good idea just wanted to hear other opinions

As long as you have surface agitation via a filter output, gas exchange shouldn't be an issue. But hey, a bubbling volcano would look really cool IMO (my GF draws the line at volcanoes :( ).

Back
Top Bottom