Do Oto's normally chase other fish o.o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was watching my fishtank today and I noticed that my Oto was chasing around my danios o.o;; is that normal? lol

are you sure it is an oto? If you bought it at petsmart or any other pet chain they tend to miss label fish. So it could be a fly fox with look similar but can be aggressive

No, it's an Oto, I saw the tag and I asked here because I knew it started with an O and then I looked at the picture and it is an oto... I dunno he doesn't do it very much just every once and a while he'll pull away from the glass and follow them around for a few seconds then go back to sucking, he's a weirdo o.o

I have noticed that my Otos will sometimes follow the school of Corys for a few minutes, then just go back to eating food. The Otos school together, so maybe they just get mixed up in the wrong school for a minute. No harm either way.

That's definitely it. He's probably really alone and enjoys some company by schooling with the other fish once in a while. You got to get him at least 2 more Otos, bring him back or bring another fish of your 20gal back, cuz it's overstocked anyway. But being so alone won't make the Oto happy.

If I get more oto's they'd all be going in my 10 gal anyways, and I know it's overstocked. I'm still steadily getting rid of my stupid baby mollies finally x.x but other than that I'm not completely all that over stocked x.x at least....not as much I used to...be....lol

Back
Top Bottom