Do plecos move gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hobgob said:
What fish do you have? The male Bristlenose will do a good job at keeping them away.

Common Pleco, large eclipse cat, ID sharks, blood parrots, BGK, eel, and a few others.

What fish do you have? The male Bristlenose will do a good job at keeping them away.

I was worried about other fish eating the eggs too but Im not sure. The culprits would be a rainbow shark, 5 zebra loaches, and 3 SAEs.

vanimal said:
Common Pleco, large eclipse cat, ID sharks, blood parrots, BGK, eel, and a few others.

I don't know I would give it a shot. The worst case is your other fish get a good meal...

Amicus said:
I was worried about other fish eating the eggs too but Im not sure. The culprits would be a rainbow shark, 5 zebra loaches, and 3 SAEs.

I'd say they would be fine. Plecos have hook on them used to defend themselves

emerald76 said:
Yeah, but we aren't talking about aggressive fish

Thank you I was just gonna say that, where did the 1 1/2 ft long Oscar come from. I don't even think I'd keep a bnp with an Oscar. Maybe while the Oscar was small. But for sure a snack! Go with a l-183 in an Oscar tank if you tank is big enough! They look gorgeous!

vanimal said:
It was a common Pleco.

Maybe commons don't have the hooks on them but where did the pleco and Oscar come from? It want listed it the stock you asked... Previous tank? How big was the common in relation to the Oscar?

Hobgob said:
Maybe commons don't have the hooks on them but where did the pleco and Oscar come from? It want listed it the stock you asked... Previous tank? How big was the common in relation to the Oscar?

It was 3 inches and the Oscar was 4. Nothing could live with that Oscar it was really aggressive.

Lol it's like my brother in laws sisters Oscar. It his tank and only his...

Back
Top Bottom