Do snails really like carrots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think the pic below will answer that question :D

gary33001.jpg

If you look closely...he's actually "holding" the darn thing.

Mine do that too. It's funny to watch because two of them will head for the same piece fo carrot and it's like a race. When the first one gets to it he will pick it up and hold it and the other one will crawl overtop of him. I was suprised that they would love the carrots.

i doubt they will get to the snail

so can i feed my snail carrots?

or lettuce

or what

Devilishturtles said:
Cool Pic! I want snails...but my angelfish are little murderers.

Do you see the size of that thing? My Angels have realized that they cannot mess with him!

Meredith said:
did you cook that carrot or is it raw?

Carrot is blanched (thrown in boiling water for a few minutes).

Jchillin said:
Devilishturtles said:
Cool Pic! I want snails...but my angelfish are little murderers.

Do you see the size of that thing? My Angels have realized that they cannot mess with him!

Doesn't matter. I've had snails that are 2 inches in a diameter or more, and the fish still pick them to death. After losing 5 of them, I've given up. :roll:

Snails will eat carrots that are blanched like JC said. Small pieces. Don't just drop in a whole blanched carrot.

HAHA. James did that one night while I was gone. I got home the next day and there was 2 snails on a baby carrot and a third snail trying to inch his way onto it. It was so funny to watch.

Back
Top Bottom