Do these fish eat the same?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

Rudy_627

Does a Dwarf Gourami, Otto Cat, Red Phantom tertas, and cardinal tetras eat the same food like are they omnivores?

or should i just feed them flakes

No i would say u need a good floating food for the grouramis flake would work, the tetras should be ok with flake, but the otto would benefit from a sinking algea waffer. the more variety a fish is given they tend to be healthier and brighter, just be careful not to over feed :wink:

Get some tropical flake food and some sinking algae wafers *nod*
one or two pinches of flake food for the tetras and gourami
and it depends on what size wafers you get... if they are the size of a nickle.. feed one per meal, but if they are the size of a pencil eraser.. put in a pinch of em (maybe 4 or 5 small ones) per meal

I am totally aware that otos are algea-eaters, I understood that she has a catfish as well.

Hi Rudy! Are you asking about these fish because you want to keep them in the 29 gallon your parents are toying with you about? If so I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here. I have not kept otos, but I have heard that they can be very difficult to acclimate initially. And I have personally had terrible luck with cardinals, and that was when I put them into an established tank. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep these fish, but what I am saying is that they will probably not survive a cycle in a new tank, so your tank should be set up for at least a couple of months before you add these delicate fish. Not sure about the red phantom tetras and dwarf gourami though. Are you thinking about a fishless cycle? That would probably be easiest for you and your fish. This is just my opinion and as always, YMMV. You should post some pics, I would love to see your new setup. :mrgreen:

hey i know all about the cycling and thats what i am gonna do im going to try out a fishless cycle

Back
Top Bottom