do u have an arowana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onimusha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, do u have an arowana fish? care to share the size it will reach in aquarium. I wonder if it can turn around with ease in a tank. iv heard stories of how they will jump out of tank lol imagine that. iv heard people saying this fish will bring u good luck aparently.

I live arowanas. What would be the minimum size tank for an arowana? Is a 4 foot tank ok?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ummmm. Pretty sure they need a small pond.. really not a practical aquarium fish.. I'm sure someone will disagree though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, from what I've read.... If you want an arrowana, go buy a 30 by 30 foot tank and a new house to put it in. Lol, good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I used to keep an arrowana and large predator fish(my favorites) when I used to live with my parents bare minimum is a 200 gallon aquarium that is large and high enough. These fish depending on types(as there are some dwarf variants) will reach at least 16" and much more in most cases. Beautiful fish, not very easy to maintains requires a lot of attention and a huge tank or pond.

Something with a 8' x 2' footprint is the bare minimum for a decent size adult. Ideally 3' wide.

this is another monster fish then, a bit like the giant gourami and pacu. im sure I heard somewhere the silver colour arowana cant get like 30inches long, it would be a nightmare finding a good tank for this. its wishful thinking lol a dream fish. maybe one day if I had more space.

Here is a video I took several years ago at the Baltimore Aquarium. The Silver Arowana was every bit of 36", probably more.

I’m going to have a red tail golden arowana next week 6 inch

What size tank do you plan on having to house him as an adult?

I know it’s kinda small but it’s 75 gallon . I think it’s ok . The arowana will stop growing around maybe 1.5 feet if I see a bigger tank on sell I’ll take it

You probably need a 240g minimum once he's around 1.5 feet. Ideally a 300g because it's taller. Start saving. Lol

You probably need a 240g minimum once he's around 1.5 feet. Ideally a 300g because it's taller. Start saving. Lol

What would be the best food for them to change colour . My fish guy said for red arowana it’s shrimpand for rtg its anything ..... what would u feed your arowana if u own a rtg

Personally, I'd try to train it to eat pellet food and frozen food as a juvenile just because it's more practical.

The feed I've heard of is cheap feeder fish like guppies and goldfish. Also large freshwater shrimp like Amano's, earthworms, tadpoles and frogs. I don't think they are real picky but it's more to the point of what is sustainable for you to keep feeding him long term.

Back
Top Bottom