Do you have water softner system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not now but I used to in the house I grew up in. I had to get my tank water from the tap that was not connected to the softener. Dad left the kitchen tap and the outside taps off the softener system, fortunately for the fish.

The reason you don't want to use water from a softner system is because it exchanges calcium and magnesium ions (which plants and fish need) for sodium ions (which most fish and plants don't like).

Guess il be better of switching to hose water then .... Will probably start doing it when I do small water changes . Hope my hose water isn't filtered through the system

Most of the time outside water is not connected to softeners. It's costly, and gardens for the most part don't care if the water is soft or hard. You can check to see, go where the softener is and see if at least one pipe runs off the main water source pipe before it enters the softener. If so, it likely goes to the hose tap and won't be soft water.

I can't tell I'm just going to try drinking hose water and house see if it taste diff I am sensitive to water taste

See how foamy it gets from a single drop of dish liquid in a quart of water. Soft water will foam up so much more than hard water will, and stay foamy longer.

You should be able to look at where the softner is hooked up and see if the outside lines run in through it. Most of the time, but not always, outside faucets aren't hooked up to run through the softner.

You should be able to look at where the softner is hooked up and see if the outside lines run in through it. Most of the time, but not always, outside faucets aren't hooked up to run through the softner.

Lol I'm a girl I can't tell what pipe comes from where or if they are seperate or anything lol

See how foamy it gets from a single drop of dish liquid in a quart of water. Soft water will foam up so much more than hard water will, and stay foamy longer.

I may try that ... Not sure if I have anything tht measures quarts maybe a measuring cup? I just measure by cups

Lol maybe I could ask our maintain e person were all girl house no guys allowed

No just some of us girls from church diff ages two in third late twentyfold to early thirties and two in thirt mid twenties and me I'm gonna be 23

Back
Top Bottom