Do you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh totally!

My kuhlis are Oscar and Slimey
My BN pleco is Martha
Platies are Noel and Daphne
Oto is Otto
Panda cories are whiskers and mittens

The rest I am still getting to know so they haven't been named yet.

more named fish

We name our specimen fish and a few of the others. The schooling fish typically do not get names... which one was that?

We have our angel named Clarence -- but right now we are calling him jerk, he is being territorial

We pinky the brain - who is a white skirt tetra or an unidentified barb - clear little guy where we can see his nervous system and swim bladder

The cories - Eureka, Kirby, Hoover

In my wife's tank we have String bean the Dojo

And Ronald the clown loach

Spotty and Dotty the BN plecos

I name some, like my big gourami is called jugarnort ( my m8 gave him the name) lol, and my plec i call hoover, but other than that not really. to many of them lol

Yes. I do name mine : Gummy-Lutino Oscar, Mo & Jo-Mating pair Oscars(wild caught in canal in So Fl) Pudge-Green Terror, Jack-Jack Dempsey,Mr.T-Spotted Tilapia(also wild caught as minnow) , Flower Child-Flowerhorn(Red Dragon strain), Whiskers-U/D Catfish, Ginormous-Very Large Pleco. :lol:

I havent named fish for quite a long time, although when i first got into fish all I had were a couple tetras, and about a dozen feeder guppies. Every fish had a name, yes I know I could tell all the feeders apart, its sad but no one knew how I could tell them apart, I had the guppies for about 2-3 years, only one female so they didnt breed overly too much.

My family is definitely all for naming our fish, and all of them have had names even if we don't remember them. We had 3 oscars named Oscar, Red, and Whitey (they were tiger oscar, red oscar, and an albino, respectively). Also had tinfoil barbs names silver and tin, and a pleco whose name I forget. We also had a water dog / mud puppy but I don't remember his name either. A Managuense named Chubby because he ate EVERYTHING, and a fire-belly newt named Lucky.

I've also had 3 bettas over the years. The two that died a few years ago were named Lil' Red and Henrietta. My current betta is named La Petite but goes by Pete for short.

I don't name them all, just the ones that seem to have a unique personality...and sometimes if I need to tell them apart...here goes

Maybel-the marble angel
Pink- golden koi angel with a pink hue
Houdini -the ADF who is adept at appearing and dissapearing as if from/to nowhere
Mr. Big - My largest Ruby Red Mosaic Discus because he is the boss of the tank
Rocky and Bulwinkle - my med and small discus because they are buddies and one seems a lot smarter than the other even though he is smaller.

Back
Top Bottom