Do you qt shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if I bought some shrimp sometime, if they should spend some quality time in the qt? :D

I remember Allivymar saying that she doesn't because they need mature tanks to do well, and the problems they have are generally not transmittable to fish.

Its always a good idea to QT anything live thats going into an established tank.

That being said, I never QT shrimp LOL I do make sure I am VERY careful about not getting any of the lfs tank water, or anything thats touched it, into my tanks. Never know what might have hitched a ride. I acclimate the shrimp, and when they are fully acclimated to my tank water, I net them out and into another container with only my tank water in it. I rinse the net in a weak bleach solution and rinse again with dechlor, THEN add em to my tank.

You may want to QT shrimp tho, if you already have shrimp in the tank. While the things shrimp generally carry aren't contagious to fish, they can infect other shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom