Do you still eat fish or shrimp, lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you still eat fish or shrimp

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes and no/ sometimes/ depends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
fish

Jaybird, shame on you!!!! You do not fillet guppies. You clean them and cook them whole, like a trout. And I have never seen enough ghost shrimp in one place to bother with.

I am gonna hear about this one, ain't I?? :roll:

Funny thing...I was walking around the market on my way home and I was dying for some shrimp. I didn't feel like waiting at the seafood counter so I guess I am stuck with my raisin bran. :?

Rabbit is not as rare as you would think. My grandmother makes it all the time. I don't have a taste for it, but many people do. Same thing with squirrel. I don't care for it, but a lot of people think it is delicous.

I love all seafood. The only fish I will eat is bass, blue gill, or catfish and it must be made by my grandmother.

of course!!
Nothing beats a fresh fillet of barramundi or red emporer..
mmmm and king tiger prawns, and calamari rings, crabsticks
crikey, getting hungry just thinking about it....

I love fish. I love fish in just about every way you can love fish. (Well, not that way :oops: )

I love keeping aquarium fish, I love keeping pond fish, I love snorkeling and scuba diving with fish, I love fishing for fish, and I love eating fish. It's funny, though, that while my fish keeping obsession is strictly fresh/brackish, my diving/catching/eating is strictly saltwater (I have a house on Galveston Island). My favorite fish to catch and to eat are pompano, dolphin, ling, redfish, and trout.

I have already admitted my bias against freshwater fish, though I have had some good walleye and rainbow trout, but I do want to address my feelings about catfish and tilapia. I think most of their popularity with restaurants stems from their suitability for large scale aquaculture. I don't think either has a particularly great flavor or texture. Catfish I actually find unpleasant, but tilapia is not objectionable - actually, its pretty bland and nondescript. This is probably a big reason for its popularity (along with availability and price) with chain restaurants. Because it does not have any real flavor itself, it makes a good platform for any other flavors you wish to place on it. Look around, you're not going to find a lot of places serving simply grilled tilapia, it is always going to have some other flavor on it. But, that's okay, to each his own.

Oh, and shrimp, I love them. We're catching jumbos in the surf right now. And I've done very well catching blue crab and stone crab in the bay this season.

hc8719 said:
J-D said:
Also lots of people eat rabbit and lots of people keep rabbits as pets.

rabbit? maybe in the colonial days, ive never been offered rabbit, nor have thought, hmm mr. cottontail hopping around in the yard sounds good for dinner tonight

I've eaten rabbit a lot, had it in german restaurants, moroccan restaurants, fine french restaurants, even chic american restaurants. Mild like poultry.

I often eat fish and shrimp in front of tanks to remind them not to mess with me. ;)

unknown_7 said:
I am sorta of disgusted by eating shrimp since I started keeping ghost shrimp, cause everytime I see it, I remember my shrimp, and I think eating ghost shrimp would be nasty.

hc8719 said:
i love shrimp, but i cant help but think if ocean shrimp are really transparent like ghost shrimp, then turn white when they die... like aquarium shrimp, kinda gross

That's pretty much how I feel.

I love fish, and even though fish eat other fish, they seem pretty clean and perfectly reasonable to eat. Even bottom-feeders ... I don't have any problem with it.

But shrimp ... hmm. I used to love shrimp. I still like shrimp. And I think the shrimp in my aquarium are really cool. They certainly act a lot smarter than my cories. But something about it just makes me not so happy about eating shrimp anymore. I'm not sure if it's just the indiscriminate way they eat anything on the bottom, eat each other when they molt, or what. Maybe it's just the way they eat with all their tiny arms handling the food -- it's a lot like watching a spider roll up an insect in its web. And I don't eat spiders.

I was born and raised in the Mississippi Delta, specifically a small town called Belzoni which just happens to be the Catfish Capital of the World (no seriously, I'm not joking lol). Obviously, I was raised on catfish and I LOVE it. There is absolutely nothing like real Mississippi farm raised catfish. (I refuse to eat it if it is imported, not that it wouldn't taste ok I'm sure, but I have to support my hometown.)

I don't really like any other kind of fish though. I've tried other kinds, but they just don't do it for me. I do like shrimp though (but only fried, I'm not much for cocktail shrimp.)

Fish: great on a plate, great on my fishing line, fabulous in my tanks
Shrimp: my favorite bait, my favorite meal, none in my tanks
Snails: ate them a couple of times as a kid, like them MUCH better in my tank !
Lobsters, crayfish, and other shellfish: never pass 'em up if they're on the menu ! None in my tanks (to predatory LOL). and ps: Lobsters and shrimp are more closely related to insects then to spiders .... probably too much info LOL

Back
Top Bottom