Do your fish always beg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlecFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was curious, I haven't seen many recent threads on this subject.

When you walk past your tank do your fish follow you like a pack of dogs? Whenever I walk past my tank I have this huge ball of fish in one corner staring at me. lol. Is this how fish act or are mine just a bit off?

I have 6 praecox rainbows and 13 espie rasboras in my 75 gallon. It's just kind of annoying sometimes, I set up this elaborate natural looking planted scape and get these not so natural looking fish.

Well, fish are weird. What about you guys?

Yup.. pretty much. Mynoscar is worse than any of mynother fosh despite getting fed 3 to 4 times daily.

My betta does that. Not so much the little fish in the big tank.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Same here for the betta. I think it's adorable. The other fish swim away if you come close

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh, it's terrible. You'd think I was starving them the way they act. ( I feed 3-4 times daily) My roomie doesn't understand so she thinks I am being mean not feeding them every time I walk past a tank ( I have 10 going a.t.m.) I hear her talking to the fish and it's hilarious. " I'm sure if you ask him nicely, he will give you some more food." Brother!!! :facepalm: :lol:

Oh, it's terrible. You'd think I was starving them the way they act. ( I feed 3-4 times daily) My roomie doesn't understand so she thinks I am being mean not feeding them every time I walk past a tank ( I have 10 going a.t.m.) I hear her talking to the fish and it's hilarious. " I'm sure if you ask him nicely, he will give you some more food." Brother!!! :facepalm: :lol:

Haha :)

Out betta boy used to beg.

Our catfish don't seem to.

Our female betta we've had less than a week but I have a feeling she'll be a beggar lol.

My African cichlids beg like dogs and they don't ever stop

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ah yes, and they seem to know who to beg to as well. Anyone new I think they line up, suck in the bellies and bounce along the front of the tank looking woe begotten. Invariably visitors comment 'say, those fish look hungry! Tch, poor things'. Fish glare at fish-keeper as culprit while simultaneously looking pathetic and will fade away any second.

Yes, whenever I go near the tank my African Cichlids follow me.
If I stop, they all swim to the top and stare me down.
They are well-fed, but always hungry.
I don't if they love me because of the environment I have provided them, or if
they just want me for the food. :fish2:

Ah yes, and they seem to know who to beg to as well. Anyone new I think they line up, suck in the bellies and bounce along the front of the tank looking woe begotten. Invariably visitors comment 'say, those fish look hungry! Tch, poor things'. Fish glare at fish-keeper as culprit while simultaneously looking pathetic and will fade away any second.

Awhhhh lol that's adorable :p

Haha those replies gave me a good laugh.

In all seriousness though, are there any fish out there that don't really care about the hobbyist? Or maybe I need a 220 gallon, then, maybe they'll act as they would in nature. We can only dream...

What kind is the black discus. Never see one like that

Fishobsessed7

L-R Albino Pearl Diamond (Kenny's)
Pigeon Blood (store bought, that my girl loved, heavily peppered and the top half has blue/black tones depending on the light.)
Albino Pearl Diamond (Kenny's)
Carnation Pigeon (Kenny's)
Eruption Leopard (Kenny's )

The APD's and peppered are currently 4-1/2" and purchased at 3" size and the other two are 6-1/2" purchased at 4" size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

You mean like these are? ( Notice the full bellies on the middle 2 fish? Even that doesn't stop them! ) :facepalm::facepalm::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• F1 Silver- Zebra-Marble.jpg
    F1 Silver- Zebra-Marble.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 52
Now if fish just had the puppy dog eye look they would be the perfect beggars.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

L-R Albino Pearl Diamond (Kenny's)
Pigeon Blood (store bought, that my girl loved, heavily peppered and the top half has blue/black tones depending on the light.)
Albino Pearl Diamond (Kenny's)
Carnation Pigeon (Kenny's)
Eruption Leopard (Kenny's )

The APD's and peppered are currently 4-1/2" and purchased at 3" size and the other two are 6-1/2" purchased at 4" size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Ok thanks

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom