Does any fish store take in female guppy fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can find a locally owned one, they will usually take the guppy fry off of you, if you negotiate with them, you may be able to get store credit or even money for them. :)

There are no locally owned fish stores in my area , basically petco and petsmart is all I got

Oh, you could try them, but I doubt that they will take them from you. :( Maybe try selling them on the classifieds here on the forum or on Craigslist?

Where are you located? Craigslist is an option as well as some places have aquarium groups where someone might want them

I think it all depends on the store. I have 3 LFS, 2 petsmarts and a petco within 20 mins of me and only 1 LFS and petco will take my fish.

Guppy FRY are not sexable, so you cannot definitely say that they are female. When you are calling around, make sure you tell the store that you have unsexed fry. ;)

There three months old so I am able to sex them, idk if they would still be considered fry

The thread title specified fry. Seems a reasonable assumption.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If they are indeed sexable, I'd refer to them as young fish rather than fry.

Back
Top Bottom