Does anyone else have a betta that would prefer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fishflakes over blood worms....My male betta Stinger will eat bloodworms but usually he'll just let them sit there in the water and if I give him fish flakes he'll eat them right away... yet if i give him like...plankton he might eat some of it but he still loves his notorious fish flakes.... O-o is that normal?

I dunno, but I have noticed that bettas vary quite a bit in their preferences. Mine likes current, but I haven't seen any others that do. I've never gotten bloodworms for him.

Maybe it has something to do with what they are raised on. Mine prefer betta food granules over flakes and worms. They will eat the flakes though, just got as eagerly. And completely ignore the dried bloodworms. They absolutely love live blackworms though. :wink:

I know, bettas are funky O_O Stinger will eat chicken and plankton and whatever but scarcely but he'd rather eat the fish flakes ._.

Mine watches betta bites fall, then waits for the flakes lol he will eat bloodworms when he feels like it though :roll:

Mine eats....EVERYTHIG! He loves flakes, blood worms, live foods, but his favorite is, of all things, corn. He's quite a character.

Yeah, I've had bettas that won't eat anything but bloodworms too! and my female Sasha, my god she'll eat anything and her favorite is peas, not corn... she'll even give up some meat for peas O_O

You take frozen/fresh/canned (I have to use canned, don't have anything else X.x) and then you warm it up slightly so it's not frozen, not too cold but just so it's warm, really only like 5 seconds for a few peas, take off the outter shell and just squeeze the squishy insides and fish go nutso :D

All 12 of my bettas eat like pigs. They eat everything frozen blood worms, flakes, pellets, brine shrimp and peas.

I have one fuss budget and that's stinger, Sasha could care less as long as it's tasty lol

Back
Top Bottom