Does anyone have a freshwater JBJ nano cube tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

helicopter

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am just wondering because I seem to be a rare breed who has a 24 gallon JBJ nano cube that is brackish (as opposed to the nano reef type setup). I have a figure 8 puffer and a black molly in it. I am just wondering if anyone else has a nano cube and is using it for fresh/brackish water and if so could you show me some pictures. I decided on the nanocube because I had no other options for such a large tank that could fit in such a small footprint (I live in a dorm right now).

thats pretty cool, but why not just do the satwater since they already have skimmers and some models have UVsterilizers......what do you do about the skimmer, do you use it? lol

The surface skimmer is just an insert of the filter intake (which is basically just a grate at the top back wall). I just not use that insert. Do you need a protein skimmer for FW?

I fear saltwater, I am afraid of the cost and hassle of maintance and the sensitivity of keeping a nano SW tank. I also already have a cute figure 8 puffer in there who would not appreciate it if I started raising the SG above 1.005 :)

Back
Top Bottom