Does anyone have pics of male Wild/Feeder Guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think my baby male Guppies I bought from a feeder tank are actually Endler's Livebearers, or at least cross bred with them. They look very much much like this which should be an Endler's:

endzone.jpg

My Guppies are all developing the exactly same orange areas and two black dots as shown in the picture, which could be a coincidence. If anyone has any good pics of non-fancy Guppy for comparison, I would like to see them.

Grimlock- That is a nice shot of a half-swordtail male Endler. :D It is possible you've got some cross-bred guppy/Endlers, as they will inter-breed freely.

I was fortunate enough to pick up a small group of these fish a few months ago; most were tiny juveniles but are quickly growing. I hope to have some little ones shortly.

hi guys,
sorry to disappoint you, but this is surely not an endler... it's a wild guppy or some crossbred. endlers can be told from the tail form: real endlers have REAL dublesword-tails. something transparent in between the swords make it a wild guppy or a cross-bred endler.
I looked at getting some for my 20g tank, and came across this whole topic.
it's very sad that there are so many cross-breds... it'd be cool to keep endler populations "clean", they're so beautiful!

silvia

hi guys,
sorry to disappoint you, but this is surely not an endler... it's a wild guppy or some crossbred. endlers can be told from the tail form: real endlers have REAL dublesword-tails. something transparent in between the swords make it a wild guppy or a cross-bred endler.
I looked at getting some for my 20g tank, and came across this whole topic.
it's very sad that there are so many cross-breds... it'd be cool to keep endler populations "clean", they're so beautiful!

silvia

Back
Top Bottom