Does fluval 405 parts fit on 406??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have the fluval 406, I want the black parts that were on the 405, the black intake, and the output. Will those fit on the 406??

I have the fluval 406, I want the black parts that were on the 405, the black intake, and the output. Will those fit on the 406??

They will fit. I bought a 405 intake tube to DIY a spray bar and it fits, I also replaced the white 406 hose adapters to the black 405 adapters with no issue.

They will fit. I bought a 405 intake tube to DIY a spray bar and it fits, I also replaced the white 406 hose adapters to the black 405 adapters with no issue.

Awesome, thanks man. I have a black background, and the clear just stands out way to much

How do you like the fluval? I'm debating inch between the 406 or a ehiem canister

How do you like the fluval? I'm debating inch between the 406 or a ehiem canister

I can't judge it yet, I'm still in the process of cycling my tank. But set up was very easy, a child could prime it, and the flow seems very strong and consistent. I think I will like it.

I love my 406 so far, I got it in december. Its done a great job keeping the tank clean and is really simple to use. I wouldnt have a problem ordering it again if the need for another canister came up.

Where did you find the black replacements?

I love the Fluval canisters. Started using them in the 80's and am still using them today. I have 6- Fluval 406's running here.

Back
Top Bottom