Does this look like agression? Plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindZskye

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey so I have a 120gal with a bunch of different fish(see description). Well yesterday I knowticed my dwarf had a lesion on his side, one of the barbs, and two rainbows, what's this about?

Attachments

• IMG_20150813_212719180.jpg
    IMG_20150813_212719180.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20150813_202731648.jpg
    IMG_20150813_202731648.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20150813_212426364.jpg
    IMG_20150813_212426364.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20150814_084258856.jpg
    IMG_20150814_084258856.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks like results of aggression have there been any odd behaviors with the fish. I`ve had fishes with the same looking blemishes and it ended up being a disease that wiped out the whole tank but It could just be from aggression

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it slowly starts to appear on all of your fishes then I would start to worry

Thank you for the reply. I think it might be something worse one e of my red rainbows turned a dark greyish color this afternoon, I went to the store came home and he was playing on the bottom of the tank dead and almost blackish... Mouth open...I did a water change today and made more territories. A couple other fish are breathing heavy...I dunno

Did you see how your fish was behaving before it died
Sorry for your loss

Have you personally seen any aggressive behavior between your fishes?

Yes. For a day and a half he was hanging out at the top of the tank almost with his top fin out of the water...
Yes I have seen agression alot

I honestly can not say and I don't want to mislead you and having you end up trying to diagnose the wrong sickness all I can say is wait for someone with more experience to come along how old is your tank? And what are the parameters

Have you put salts in? To help infection and healing process?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you list all the affected fish?

As well as all the specie of fish in the tank.

It helps us to help you :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

And by "all specie" i mean any fish big enough to cause damage, so like your rainbows, gouramis, etc. The Tetras and very very small fish couldn't do this.

I know you have it under your tanks section but it helps to have the list in a place where i can see it when I'm typing my responses...

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, IMO it looks like a fungus. Maybe I'm way off. But an idea at least.
I'm in on fungus.
It USAULLY developes on wounds and injuries though and is not really a disease.
So to answer the original question ; yes it looks like aggression IMO.
The tank seems pretty overstocked IMO(75 fish) and has more then a couple fish that again IMO should not be kept together or in the quantities they are.
The tiger barbs,dwarf gouramis and angels would be my top suspects.
Tigers need to in groups of 10++ to control aggression.
This is commonly believed and others along with myself believe they deserve a species only tank(they are tough!).
Hope this helps a little?

Just re looking at pics and if it is NOT aggression then I'm on the columnaris bus(I drive it!)
The injury on the dwarf looks like an infected bite IMO.
The white on the rainbows looks to be traditional "saddle back" form of columnaris.
The red irritation on the tiger looks bacterial IMO so I go righto columnaris believing (myself) it is already present in other fish(the bows).

Link one;
Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention

link two;
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/columnaris-and-what-i-have-learned...-1689.html
As I mentioned before you have a lot of fish and often stress alone will bring a form of this out by itself.
The tigers are the stressor IMO and are even stressing each other do to low stocking number of them.
This disease can go through your whole tank fast like in a week or two, or slowly over months maybe a year.
The second link is easier reading and will explain the difference and timming of deaths.
Kannamycin&furan are what most use to treat.
Unfortunately IF you need to treat then you should treat the whole tank for this issue.
Hope this helps, keep us updated please.

Back
Top Bottom