Dojo loach availability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irukandjia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was an active member of this forum years ago, and have since forgotten the username/email I used to create my account. anyway I have been so busy with school and other things, I have had tanks the whole time I just haven't been as active in adding fish or plants in a while. I used to have dojo loaches and I live them. I am in northwest Ohio. I now cannot find them anywhere. A few places have signs for golden dojos and I have seen a couple in Lfs, but not many. I don't want a golden, I want a standard but cannot find them anywhere. I've read they are now invasive in Michigan. In the past 5-6 years have things changed with the dojo? Are standards just impossible to find?

I guess my main question is, is there a difference between the goldens and regular that the goldens are easier to find now?

I know they are illegal in Michigan but not in Ohio as far as I can tell. In any case, the golden Dojos are in every let store in the area, even the small independent ones. I just never see the standard colored ones. Is there a reason the standards are harder to dine? Years ago I saw both.

I would guess the golden are more common than regular ones. I have a golden one and from what I've seen there doesn't appear to be a difference between the two aside from color

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom