Dojo loach question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rman1250

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ive had my dojo loach for about 6 months now and its been calm and sitting on the bottom of the tank until i fed them, but i recently got rid of 10 fish which have been with the loach for the whole time and bought 4 african cichlids. its a 30gal tank and is fairly complex, ph is about 8.0, low nitrites, and low ammonia content. At first my loach was just really active... never stopped swimming, swam up and down alot and wouldnt sit on the bottom at all. Now after about 3 days with the cichlids he is just swimming/floating on the top of the tank and is trying to rest on the plastic plants and is even trying to rest in the air bubbles in the tank. My best guess is maybe the cichlids are bullying it? Also should i take it out of the tank?(the only place i can put it is in a 10gal tank which is separated in the middle 1 side with baby feeder guppies and 1 side with about 20 female and male feeder guppies. All the adults on the 1 side are decent sized probly to big for the loach but not for sure (some of the males are kinda small)can i put my loach in the tank with the guppies or not?

That would be a pretty good guess on the chiclid. does the dojo look ok is he beat up?, If he is injured your guppies may pick on him too.

good Luck

Fishman

The dojo loach is still perfectly healthy physically. No marks on him that i can see and no wounds.

you should be fine, be sure to give him a good place to hide under they love to hide under rocks and things

Good Luck!

fishman

Back
Top Bottom