Double check my stock plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've checked my stock plan here on this forum before and got the green light, and Aqua Advisor also says it's fine but I'm nervous, so maybe I can have some second opinions?

I have a 90 litre tank (that's about 23 US gallons) it's long, not tall, with quite a bit of live plants and an Aquaclear 70 filter. I do 50% water-changes every week. I keep the temperature at 24 Celcius (75 Fahrenheit)

At the moment I have:

4 Bronze corys
3 Peppered corys
1 java loach
1 zebra danio
8 black widow tetras
7 silvertip tetras

So far everything looks fantastic, everyone is happy.

I'd like to add one more fish though, a honey gourami. I really want this fish, but I'm worried that will put me over the edge. Any opinions?

(The zebra danio was a mistake, but he schools with the silvertips and seems fairly happy. I'd love to get more java loaches, but apart from the fact that the bottom is already quite full with the corys, I can't find any more at my local fish shops.)

Aren't honey gouramis really small? They can't have too much bioload impact. And they are top-ish dwellers yes?
You clearly do your research, know how to monitor your water, take care of your tank, and know how to ask questions on the board. I guess what I am saying is - even if this DOES overstock you a bit, I bet you could handle it. :)
I'm not one of the experienced people to give you advice though, so I know an opinion from a newbie is not what you're looking for. I've just noticed how conscientious you are and I imagine you could handle another fish even if it means doing WC every 5 days instead of 7.

How stocked does Aqadvisor think this will make you?

Thanks! Actually, any opinion is valuable to me :)
I can't remember the exact amount that Aqua Advisor put me at but it was aroun 85% ish. Maybe a bit more.

Like mentioned above, it seems like you do your research and take care of your stuff. I have to agree that the honey shouldn't be a problem. Aqua advisor is a good tool for beginners but is not the law so to speak. I was told once that if you can keep your nitrates in check with no more than one water change per week you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom