Dragon gobie update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bwayne400

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, they went and did it. The Dragons went and spawned on me but unfortunately the 6 fry didn't make it. Seems lowering the temp in the tank and the introduction of the blood worms triggered the spawning. Now I'm going to have to set up another tank and try it on purpose....

A question on a goldie- I've had a goldie in the outdoor pond for about two years. When we got him (originally trotline bait) he was either deformed or had a broken back but we've kept him alive and growing. His is now about as big as my hand. Problem is that he now spends most of his time standing on his head at the bottom of the pond. He rarely eats. I've treated with peas, melafix, etc but it isn't doing any good. The rest of the fish in the pond are just fine. When do you decide to put a fish like this down?

Congrats on your spawn! :D And sorry for your loss :( unfortunately I don't know anything about goldfish, but I would say, if you think he is suffering, or in pain, you shouldn't feel bad about putting him down. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom