Dragon gobies with Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindenthaler.9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been trying recently to get an idea of what fish I could stock with a Dragon Goby. (Gobioides brousonnetti) I wasn't planning on getting one until one of my current brackish tanks get upgraded, but I've fallen in love with the one at my lfs.
I've seen that people have kept them with Figure 8 puffers, or have recommended them as possible tank mates. Has anyone successfully kept them together? I have a few Figure 8s and a Mono he could go in with, but don't want to risk losing anyone in the tank. Opinions?

I currently have monos, a dragon goby and an archer and they pretty much ignore each other. Due to what I've read I have not risked puffers in there. I have always been advised that they are spices only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have my 22 inch Dragon Goby with a figure 8 puffer, a Columbian shark and guppies...they all get along great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here are 2 pics of him getting stuck in a rock...haha

Attachments

• 1426266507660.jpg
    1426266507660.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1426266533518.jpg
    1426266533518.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 107
...and another one. ;)

Attachments

• 1426266822407.jpg
    1426266822407.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 88
Yeah dragons are awesome fish...I have had mine 7 years...He is my baby..lol...my whole tank revolves around him.. ;) I got my Columbian shark at my LFS but they get really big too....mine was maybe 2" when I got him, now he is about 9" long...and him and dragon are inseparable! Lol

I will! I'm pretty sure u could get one online.

Here is my shark

Attachments

• 1426267738894.jpg
    1426267738894.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 80
Any idea where I can get a columbian shark?
Any lfs should carry them. Walmart almost always carries them around here, and all the big chain pet stores. Our Pet Smart is having a sale on them right now and I might have to pick a few more up. They're going to be in freshwater at the stores though so you'll have you to slowly raise the salinity for them. Also, they're schooling and have the potential to get 15" I believe. So you need a large tank.

Here is my shark

He's stunning. And your goby as well. Do you have any more pictures of him ? I've had such a hard time finding pictures of them grown. Probably because they normally die small in the freshwater tanks.

Back
Top Bottom