Dragon Goby,Fresh or Brackish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got a 7 inch Dragon goby,it is in a 45 gallon FW tank,and is showing no signs of illness,But should i move him to my 10 G BW tank?,It currently has 2 Green Spotted Puffers (they are very friendly and would NEVER nip another fish).
So what should i do?

You should leave him in the 45g. 10g is way way WAY too small for him as he will probably get about 16". I have a lot of experience with converting fish to salt or brackish. What fish are in the 45g?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The 45 gallon has:1 yoyo loach,1 silver dollar tetra,1 kuhli/half banded loach,ocellated squeaker catfish,1 BN pleco,1 betta,2 cory cats,1 peppered loach,1 banjo catfish,2 tadpoles and 1 ghost shrimp (i have a small area for the shrimp.The substrate is sand and the only artificial decor is the sunken submarine,the rest is just honeycomb rock,and live plants.

Meh should be fine in there, just watch the plants as there is a chance he could unintentionally rip them up. I would suggest bringing him back to where you got him or to someone who can properly care for him. (Sorry for the late reply, just got my phone fixed)

I recently got a 7 inch Dragon goby,it is in a 45 gallon FW tank,and is showing no signs of illness,But should i move him to my 10 G BW tank?,It currently has 2 Green Spotted Puffers (they are very friendly and would NEVER nip another fish).
So what should i do?

A 40g breeder should be the minimum for these guys and yes they are brackish. GSP's will also nip the violet goby, I know this from experience.

Meh should be fine in there, just watch the plants as there is a chance he could unintentionally rip them up. I would suggest bringing him back to where you got him or to someone who can properly care for him. (Sorry for the late reply, just got my phone fixed)

I cannot bring him back,he was a WALMART rescue.

Back
Top Bottom