drawf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SethC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I just bought a drawf puffer. I have her in a 5 gallon eclipse hex is that ok?
I was wondering what kind of treats I can give her? ;

Moved to new aquisitions forum. This forum you posted in is for site news and announcements

yes.
THE STORE TOLD ME TO FEED IT FROZEN SHIRMP. I DON'T KNOW IF SHE LIKES IT. I HAVE HER IN THERE WITH 4 ZEBRA FISH

frozen brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms and baby snails is what i used to feed mine.

they are need very clean water as well, so i hope the tank is fully cycles

SethC...please tell me you cycled the tank first?? Puffers are VERY sensitive to water parameters and putting them in a tank that hasn't been cycled will probably kill it. Please read on this forum about fishless cycling....please return her to the store until you cycle your tank. I have two dwarf puffers (each in their own 10g tank). They can be in a 5, but prefer bigger space. Anyway...I feed mine frozen blood worms and snails. They have to have a regular supply of snails as food. Please private message me if you have any questions. If you decide to keep her and try to cycle the tank with her in it, you will need to do about 50% water changes daily until the tank is cycled (roughly 4 weeks) in order to keep her healthy and alive.

Back
Top Bottom