Dream Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooking12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know that we all love our aquariums... but there can never be enough aquariums! This is a thread to post not what your aquarium is... but what you wish it would be. Like mine, for instance, goes a little like this:

1000 Gallon (400", 24", 24")

Substrate
1000 lbs sand

Decor
2 Peices of driftwood
1 big rock
10 fist sized rocks
1 Peice of bogwood
8 peices of slate
3 coconut half-shells
3 sea-shells

Plants
Java Moss
Java Fern
Anacharis
Hornwort
Peace Lily
Twisted Vallis
Jungle Vallis

Fish
3 male swordtails
12 female swordtails
15 zebra danios
40 cardinal tetras
2 pairs of keyhole cichlids
3 pairs of kribensis cichlids
3 pairs of angelfish
10 bronze cory cats
25 rummynose tetras
15 congo tetras
5 male bps
12 bps

Pretty much, I would love to have this but, as is the case with most, this is wayyyyyyyyyy out of my budget. So, here's a thread where you can share your dream aquarium ideas. I can't wait to see what you guys think:popcorn:

Wow thats nice!

I would want two: A sw and fresh water

SW: Literally unknown, maybe a 40gal one with lots of colorful anenomes and corals and clams. idk any fish, probably an emperor angel!

Freshwater:

Multiple pleco species tanks. Mainly L046, L047, L333, L037, L200 (Im going to make this one soon!), l002, L013, L0... well this could go on and on.

And a lake victoria cichlid tank! with mainly Kyoga flamebacks

I will definately narrow this down eventually and post again :ROFLMAO:

I will one day have a 125g African cichilid tank. I have been researching all the varieties from lake Malawi (I think that's the right name). Such beautiful varieties of fish! I love the dolphin type ones and the red top zebra I think their called. It will have tons of rocks, driftwood and live plants!! I plan on having the right type of lighting for high light plants and a co2 system...slowly but surely my dream tank will happen :D

A 6-foot (180 gallon) tank.

with a school of Silver Dollars (red hooks, spotted, black bar)
AND
1 oscar

lol i just looked up emperor angels. need a 200gal tank. so replace that 40 for 200.

Maybe one Blue Arowana in a 250-500 tank would be my dream. havent had many tanks in my life though so i like a lot.

My dream aquarium (and I've actually really dreamt about this btw) would be about a 1500 g built into the wall and have a built in glass divider that would separate it so one side would be fw and the other sw. And it would pretty much be floor to almost the ceiling! But as far as stocking it too many fish to name but it would be so freaking gorgeous! Lol! I love dreams! If only it would come true..................:) actually though in the real dreams it has manta rays floating around it was soooooo cool!

Tigroscr said:
My dream aquarium (and I've actually really dreamt about this btw) would be about a 1500 g built into the wall and have a built in glass divider that would separate it so one side would be fw and the other sw. And it would pretty much be floor to almost the ceiling! But as far as stocking it too many fish to name but it would be so freaking gorgeous! Lol! I love dreams! If only it would come true..................:) actually though in the real dreams it has manta rays floating around it was soooooo cool!

Actually it must have been bigger than 1500g because I was swimming in it with scuba gear, lmao!

I will one day have a 125g African cichilid tank. I have been researching all the varieties from lake Malawi (I think that's the right name). Such beautiful varieties of fish! I love the dolphin type ones and the red top zebra I think their called. It will have tons of rocks, driftwood and live plants!! I plan on having the right type of lighting for high light plants and a co2 system...slowly but surely my dream tank will happen :D
I sure hope you get it. Maybe someday mine'll come true, too. (When I'm a millionaire;-))

550 + gallon

Stock list:
1 black aro
2 peacock bass
2 oscars
1 common pleco (love the way they look when cared for properly)
1 Large catfish species

Filtration:
large sump (not familiar with sumps at this point)

decor:
pool filter sand
Large rock with "tree" growing out of bottom
assorted river rock

zooking12 said:
I sure hope you get it. Maybe someday mine'll come true, too. (When I'm a millionaire;-))

Yeah, no doubt! But I don't dream of cleaning it! Lol of course if we're that rich we'll just hire someone to clean it right? :)

zooking12 said:
Yea. But setting it up will be all me

Yeah no doubt that part would be fun and picking out all the fish would be a real hoot! Idk about that much sand though that would be some back breaking work getting 1000's of lbs of sand in there!

Back
Top Bottom