Dream Fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a new dream fish. Its going to cost me a few thousand dollars to get it (buying a home for it) but I still want it! Ready? A red tailed catfish!
My LFS has one about a foot and a half that they have trained. It is really sweet. Kinda dog like actually! It comes up for food if you splash in the water and you can pet it!
Now I do understand he is going to be a 150 pound 5 foot beast. By the time I get one I will be able to afford the huge heated pond with a floating dog that he can live in lol
So in the mean time. Is there any easy to care for smaller that 6 inches fish I can treat like a dog? lol I know its wierd. I am going to try to train my angelfish. I also might try with my bumble bee cat and "new species" of badis!

:blink: The idea of a catfish living in a dog is kind of gross. :blink:

Angels will definitely learn to come up for food and petting.

My personal "dream" (more like "current obsession for my next tank") fish is a black ghost knife fish, and all reports are that they learn to respond to humans.

True that! I love BGKs but the enourmous tank size is very inhibitting. Plus I dont go by typical minimum tank size standards so that doesnt help...

The most personable fish I have ever had have all been mollies. They come to get petted, and rub up on arm and stuff.
Also, striped peacock eels and dojo loaches.

Thanks guys! My Mom has mollies so I can try with them. I wonder if I could have dojos...

Baby whale fish also can be trained, like swim through rings and be hand fed and stuff like that. Super neat fish but also large, if I remember correctly they're not as big as BGK so they may be more feasible. Check 'em out on youtube

Baby whale fish also can be trained, like swim through rings and be hand fed and stuff like that. Super neat fish but also large, if I remember correctly they're not as big as BGK so they may be more feasible. Check 'em out on youtube
Thanks I did look at them (sorry it took so long to reply. Stupid stomach flu....) I like them but they seem to need schools which kinda pushes it out for me.

My BGK is like a puppy he loves to swim through my fingers as I'm hand feeding them. If you have the money, Discus fish can also be very personable

My BGK is like a puppy he loves to swim through my fingers as I'm hand feeding them. If you have the money, Discus fish can also be very personable

I want a BGK so bad but I doubt I will ever have a tank that huge lol

Thanks I did look at them (sorry it took so long to reply. Stupid stomach flu....) I like them but they seem to need schools which kinda pushes it out for me.

Do they really? Guess I need to re-research them, I was under the impression they were social but could be kept alone, or that they were like elephant nose fish.

Do they really? Guess I need to re-research them, I was under the impression they were social but could be kept alone, or that they were like elephant nose fish.

Maybe I got bad info lol They are very very cool!

Back
Top Bottom