Dream Fish / What Fish Would You Love to Keep and Haven't?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Title says it all.

What kind of fish would you absolutely love to keep but don't have the room/money/tank set-up/etc.?

It can be anything, from fish people actually keep in their homes to uhm...arapaima. ;)

My dream fish (of the moment) is Enneacampus ansorgii, the freshwater pipefish. I saw one at a store a few months ago and couldn't think about anything else except how angry I am that I don't have cyclops/daphnia/brine shrimp cultures on hand 24/7.

e_ansorgii.JPG

Saltwater: picasso triggerfish, seahorses . . . and a whole Hawaiian reef! A HUGE tank with all these fish from the Hawaiian reefs/islands . . . *siiiiiiigh!*
Freshwater: a vivarium (I know that doesn't really count), koi, arowana and/or red-tailed catfish (arowana easily reaches 4', catfish easily 6'!), a cichlid tank with frontosa, yellow labs, juliis, electric blues, etc
With freshwater, I would really love to do a whole series of tanks that are geography-specific, like put together an awesome Amazon tank . . . but who has the space, time, or money? *wistful smile*

I want one tank that runs around the base boards of the whole house. You could watch one spot and not see the same fish for a week. Its just a dream though, I hate the upkeep on that tank. :mrgreen:

Piranha. Just don't think I could ever be comfortable cleaning the tank.

an oscar tank, a big agressive slatwater tank, a fairly big reef tank with lots of fish and corals, and a regular 100g(maybe) freshwater community tank.

Back
Top Bottom