Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fred

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it okay to clean driftwood after it's been in my aquarium for awhile? The piece I have is covered in this brown furry looking algae (at least I think it's algae?). Whats the best way to clean it?

id say leave it, if the fish are used to it and hasnt hurt them then it may just be a good thing...is it java moss...java moss is really good for a freshwater aquarium...i have it in mine, and i love it :)

Rinse in tank water outside of the tank itself, scrub with something that hasn't touched soap

ajstank said:
id say leave it, if the fish are used to it and hasnt hurt them then it may just be a good thing...is it java moss...java moss is really good for a freshwater aquarium...i have it in mine, and i love it :)

No it's not java moss, its brown and dirty looking. It's like the wood has started growing brown fur. I think it's my lights, need to replace my bulbs.

Tim Wheatley said:
Rinse in tank water outside of the tank itself, scrub with something that hasn't touched soap

Would you say the same thing for fake silk plants?

Back
Top Bottom