driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnewbe420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I have had a piece of driftwood in my tank for 2 years it still floats but I read here that if I boil it it may actually sink is this true? Just want to check before I pull it out of the tank and boil it

You can use silicone to attach it to a piece of slate to make it sink, or put weights on it.

I know my cousin had a really nice big piece that would always float up. He attached it to a big rock and then buried the rock under his sand. I forget how he did it but I am sure someone on here has a way or has done it before. I'll try and get a hold of him but he NEVER answers his phone...

go ahead and try boiling it, if it doesnt work then all you have wasted is a pot of water and a little bit of time. if that fails then do what everyone else said

Pressurized container, if you can get up to about 4bar for a day that should do it (subject to size and type) but I wouldn't stick around while the pressure builds !!. Not sinking after 2 years sounds like it might be a soft-wood that you probably ought to avoid in a tank anyway.
It is expensive, but mopani Mopane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is probably the best and it's super-dense so sinks easy.

Ok well I took out the driftwood and it was supper soft and mushy so I throw it out and put a new piece in with any luck this one will sink

Back
Top Bottom