Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
While I was at my lfs I saw a few pieces of driftwood that were rather nice but they were full of holes. Is it safe to put in a tank with a one inch albino bn pleco. I'm scared he will get stuck.

He will be just fine and he will appreciate the driftwood. If you get it...make sure you cure it before putting in your tank.

You will have to scrub it good and boil it a few hours to help leach the tannis out and sterilize it. Otherwise you might introduce something in your tank you don't want. I had a pair of juvenile clown plecs that were as small as yours and they checked out every nook and cranny that my DW had. Yours will love it. Not to mention they rasp on it and it's good for their digestion.

He will love it. My pleco and really all my fish love the driftwood in my tank. Boiling it will help leach out the tannins in the wood. Tannins are safe though if it does leach out. Just turns the water a tea color. Water changes will of course make the water look better. No telling how long it will take to leach out all of the tannins.

He will love it. My pleco and really all my fish love the driftwood in my tank. Boiling it will help leach out the tannins in the wood. Tannins are safe though if it does leach out. Just turns the water a tea color. Water changes will of course make the water look better. No telling how long it will take to leach out all of the tannins.

I know I already have a small piece in my tank. I'm just adding another. IMO purigen works wonders for the tannins.

I know I already have a small piece in my tank. I'm just adding another. IMO purigen works wonders for the tannins.

I second the purigen it works wonders for clearing up tannis making the water crystal clear. I use it in all my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom