driftwood in tank-if i stop the carbon will the tank change color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
im not sure if i should have added this to my previous post, but wasnt sure if it would be read or not. i have decided to perhaps junk the carbon from AC filter..but i have decent size of driftwood that i put in there about one month ago... if i junk the carbon will my water start to get dark? i did boil the driftwood for a couple days.. it never changed my water color but im not sure if thats because the carbon.. i dont want tea colored water....

im not sure if i should have added this to my previous post, but wasnt sure if it would be read or not. i have decided to perhaps junk the carbon from AC filter..but i have decent size of driftwood that i put in there about one month ago... if i junk the carbon will my water start to get dark? i did boil the driftwood for a couple days.. it never changed my water color but im not sure if thats because the carbon.. i dont want tea colored water....

Since carbon does help to remove tannins, you may see a slight change in color now that you removed the carbon. Boiling should've removed a fair amount of the tannins so you may not even see the slight browning.

Back
Top Bottom