Driftwood placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm not liking how the tank looks and want to rearrange the driftwood but preferably as few plants as possible as it stresses them.

Here are some pics. I would like to move the wood maybe some rocks. Need suggestion. I'm stumped. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426887139.106395.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426887194.492445.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426887231.597952.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426887254.266980.jpg

29g Community

3g Betta

Yeah I think try it vertically and see how it looks

Maybe if there is a way you can move it to the right and create a whole new focal point.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I will move it all slightly to the right and make the big piece more vertical. If anything I think everything on the left is what's throwing me off.

Will post another pic in a while to get opinions on that.

29g Community

3g Betta

you should switch the two biggest pieces around. move the green fuzzy piece to the left, and the wood to the right to it points up to the fuzzy piece and keeps your eye moving. :)

you should switch the two biggest pieces around. move the green fuzzy piece to the left, and the wood to the right to it points up to the fuzzy piece and keeps your eye moving. :)

Agreed and then move it all to the right so it centers in the right hand third of the tank.

Omg good idea. Why didn't I think of just switching them?? I'm gonna try this now

29g Community

3g Betta

I decided to put the mossy wood in my Betta tank because the one that was in there didn't look too good. I like it a lot more now. I moved the big one to the right and I'm going to get more plants soon for the middle. Work in progress.

29g Community

3g Betta

Here are some pics. I would like to move the wood maybe some rocks. Need suggestion. I'm stumped.
[/QUOTE]

HAHAHHAHAHA STUMPED ?

My fish are BETTA than yours ??

The way the wood is shaped almost demands placement on the left side, with maybe the tallest portion turned toward the back corner. I would switch it with the big rock, move the hygro compact to the right rear corner spread out just enough to allow adequate lighting to lower leaves, arrange the taller anubias 1 in front of the tallest part of the wood and the other behind the lower part, then place the smaller anubias in front of the wood and maybe a couple around the big rock. It should balance the scape a bit more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

http://i.imgur.com/LNvimUB.jpg
So switch the rock and the wood. Put the Anubias hastifolia in front of the tallest part of the wood. And the Anubias barteri behind they lowest part?

Also the hygro compact I'm thinking of getting rid of. Good color but not the best growth pattern under my setup. Looking for something with a bit smaller of leaves to replace those. Or maybe a mid-ground grassy like plant like chain sword.

29g Community

3g Betta

http://i.imgur.com/LNvimUB.jpg
So switch the rock and the wood. Put the Anubias hastifolia in front of the tallest part of the wood. And the Anubias barteri behind they lowest part?

Also the hygro compact I'm thinking of getting rid of. Good color but not the best growth pattern under my setup. Looking for something with a bit smaller of leaves to replace those. Or maybe a mid-ground grassy like plant like chain sword.

29g Community

3g Betta

1 hastifolia in front of the tallest part and 1 behind where the lowest part starts(this will add depth). The barteri grows much shorter so it's place would be in front of the wood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The barteri is the big one on the rock and the hastifolia is on the right. The barteri is very tall.

29g Community

3g Betta

Back
Top Bottom