Driftwood Turbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anybody ever tried this? If not, I'll document what happens...:popcorn:

I've cut some "driftwood" from one of the Yoshimo Cherry trees in my yard. I know that I need to let it dry out before I use it. My question is this:

If I put the sticks in the oven, on its' lowest setting (180 degrees on mine), and put the driftwood in there for a few hours, would it dry them out faster?

Has anybody ever tried this? I'm way too impatient to wait a week or two for these to dry out, so I'm trying to find a faster way...

Anybody.....? Bueller..?

Were the sticks alive when you ripped them off the tree? If so, you will need to wait longer than a week or two for them to dry. I've never put anything in my oven (don't think the wifey would approve) so I can't comment on that.

Just for the record (and the tree huggers out there), I had to prune the tree anyway, so I decided to use a stick or two for my tank...

...but yes the branches were alive. Of course I'm not telling wifey, because she wouldn't let me do it either !!!

Back
Top Bottom