Drill holes in bogwood for java moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristian Tombs

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering if instead of tying it down with fishing line you could instead drill holes in bogwood and cram in the roots to create bushes of java moss?

java will grow no matter how u do it. and yes u can do that cause i have

Thanks so much Bob I have a piece of bogwood that isn't flat that is quite rough and up and Downey. Bad description I know but the point is it would be great to create bushes of java moss on it. I also have a flat piece of driftwood that I have a java moss carpet growing on tied down with fishing line and a hair net :)

The java moss won't stay in bushes, it will spread until it covers the DW. You can even use Superglue gel to glue on little globs of Java moss.

You'll have to trim and pull it off where you don't want it.

I heard you can reuse trimmings as more plant. So say I trimmed the bushes and either put the trimming in the moss carpet i have in a different piece of bogwood or put it in a glass by the window

Sure can use the trimmings. You can take one tiny little piece to get it started somewhere new. You can unintentionally end up with it all over your tank.

River cats I know this is really off topic but I wanted your advice cuz you know your stuff and you subb'd to the post. I got my bristlenose pleco on Sunday morning. So I put blanched zuccini in Sunday night and took it out Monday morning. There were no bite marks not even a nibble. So I decided I wound starve him so he is more inclined to eat. So I didn't put any food in for him on Monday. Then I put a tetra brand algae wafer Tuesday night and took it out today roughly eight hours later not even a nibble. What do I do river? There is no visible Algae in the aquarium. I don't want to fail in providing for this beautiful fish. Please help!

If it's a new fish you have to give it time to acclimate. Do you have DW in the tank? Has it been moving? For now it could be rasping on the glass or other decorations for the biofilm which collects on everything. Also depending on how long the shop had him, he may not recognize the food your adding. BUT you need to keep adding them. Also you should call the shop he came from and ask what they were feeding it. Right now don't panic, just be a little patient and see if he comes around.

Back
Top Bottom