drip acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sahabo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting a bunch of ottos soon and I want to acclimate them properly.

What is the preferred method of drip acclimation? Should I use a bucket, a pitcher, float the bags first, can I acclimate them all in the same container... what would work best for ottos?

Same as all fish ime, float for 10 minutes and drip acclimate (I use a slow, but steady stream) into a bucket. All can be dripped together (can test bagged water for NH3, Hardness, pH, and DO) :)

I'm getting a bunch of ottos soon and I want to acclimate them properly.

What is the preferred method of drip acclimation? Should I use a bucket, a pitcher, float the bags first, can I acclimate them all in the same container... what would work best for ottos?

A bunch = 3? :) In that case, I'm getting like a gazillion GBR's on Wednesday LOL.

Did the java moss make it to you alright?

As for acclimating them I'd float the bag in the tank for 10 minutes tops to get the temperature of the water in the bag equal to the tank water. Then I'd add 1/2 cup of tank water to the bag every 2-3 minutes for about 5-6 additions to the bag. Finally, I'd net them individiually out of the bag and put them into the tank and throw away all of the water in the bag.

A bunch = 3? :) In that case, I'm getting like a gazillion GBR's on Wednesday LOL.

Did the java moss make it to you alright?

As for acclimating them I'd float the bag in the tank for 10 minutes tops to get the temperature of the water in the bag equal to the tank water. Then I'd add 1/2 cup of tank water to the bag every 2-3 minutes for about 5-6 additions to the bag. Finally, I'd net them individiually out of the bag and put them into the tank and throw away all of the water in the bag.

LOL! well I was going to get more up front, but I decided to stock slowly so I'm getting them in groups. The java moss arrived in good shape. Thanks so much!

Thanks neilan, for the advice, and thanks to everyone else who responded!

Back
Top Bottom