Drip acclimation questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen Rollins

Aquarium Advice Freak
I my tank is just bout cycled
I understand how to drop acclimate fish but ::

If I buy 8 cory cats. Do I acclimate all of them at the same time?

If I want to get a few different type of fish. Do I acclimate all of them in the same tub or each species individually ?

If its individually. Then that means I would have to go to the LFS numerous times in one day to buy each species. To acclimate them individually ( each species) ????

Please help

Assuming they are going into the same tank, I would drip acclimate them all together since they are all going to be exposed to the same water parameters.

jcolon said:
Assuming they are going into the same tank, I would drip acclimate them all together since they are all going to be exposed to the same water parameters.

If this is true that is so awesome

I am thinking about picking up 8 Cory cats 1 angle fish 1 Bolivian ram and 6 Roseline sharks.

So I would put all of them in the bucket and drip acclimate all of the together your saying ?

You can acclimate them all at the same time. U need to make sure ur drip just not to slow or too fast. I use a shot glass to acclimate. 1 shot glass every 15 minutes until u double the water they came in

cobra2003rg said:
You can acclimate them all at the same time. U need to make sure ur drip just not to slow or too fast. I use a shot glass to acclimate. 1 shot glass every 15 minutes until u double the water they came in

Ok then I just net 1 fish at a time and put them in right ?

No u can put all the fish if they are peaceful in a bucket with the water the came in and just double the water

6 Denison Barbs? Awesome!!.. By far one of my favorite fish!! Second only to my Green TigerBarbs.

I'd say do the Denison barbs in a separate bucket only because they can be very energetic and stress out the slower mellower cories in a confined bucket. The others could go in the same acclimation bucket.

How large is the tank? ... Denison Barbs get up to 6 inches long. Mine went fron 1.5 to 3.5 in about a year.

jcolon said:
6 Denison Barbs? Awesome!!.. By far one of my favorite fish!! Second only to my Green TigerBarbs.

I'd say do the Denison barbs in a separate bucket only because they can be very energetic and stress out the slower mellower cories in a confined bucket. The others could go in the same acclimation bucket.

How large is the tank? ... Denison Barbs get up to 6 inches long. Mine went fron 1.5 to 3.5 in about a year.

I have a 60 gallon.

I'm also going to put 6 Congo tetras and 1 starlight bristlenose also

I have a 60 gallon.

I'm also going to put 6 Congo tetras and 1 starlight bristlenose also

If you plan on doing these with the others, then I'd do separate buckets... but still acclimate all at the same time .... Unless you have a massive bucket.:D

jcolon said:
If you plan on doing these with the others, then I'd do separate buckets... but still acclimate all at the same time .... Unless you have a massive bucket.:D

I'm going to do those in 4 to 6 weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom