Drop Checker Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious as to where my drop checker should be. The directions that came with the CAL AQUA drop checker, say a few inches below the water surface. On the other hand, I have had people tell my to place it lower, where the plants are, about 2-3 inches above the substrate.

What does everyone think? You can see it in the picture below (top right, spray bar with co2 input is top left)

I have mind on the right glass half way front to back and a few inches from the surface. Co2 enters into my filters intake in bottom right and exits top left. Not sure it really makes a difference because of placement, water should have same co2 if well circulated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The thing about having it so high is that if you get microbubbles they can float in there and collect and give you false readings. I have the same drop checker as you and have mine on the opposite end of my tank from where the CO2 is taken in and have it about halfway down the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom