drs foster and smith dye fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is what I thought....it looks normal to me...not dyed. The head is a slightly different color on that one, but the body looks fine.

picture on planet catfish

I think when they are dyed, they are usually fluorescent colors like pink, yellow, and blue.

Thats just a plain glass fish. You can tell what the painted ones look like by the flurescent red, green, and blue pigments on them. That is the very stunning differrence. Looks to me like Dr. Foster and Smith don't sell those guys, just the plain ones, so kudos to them.

Agreed ..the dyed or inked fish look well...dyed or inked.

While that might be the bluist glass I have seen, it looks natural to me as well.

While that might be the bluist glass I have seen, it looks natural to me as well.
They probably enhance their pictures a bit before putting them on the website. ;) I thought the same thing though...

are you guys serious, ive never seen my glass cats like that. mine have silver heads, and not a shade of color on their body

I have bought from them before, I would recommend them to anyone, great service, timely, fish where in EXCELLENT quality. I have ordered about 150 dollars of FW fish from them. One was a common pleco, it was a beautiful fish, but his dorsal fin was ripped and some of the fins where broken, to the point htey would not grow back eprfectly straight, tehy actually gave me store credit for the fish, even though he was still alive simply on the fact that he was injured. that fish later died, but due to other complications..

I am plannin on placing a large 300 dollar order with em soon. They are a bit pricey, but the quality is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom