Dry Erase marker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it safe to draw with dry erase marker on the outside glass of your tank for the purpose of marking where eggs have been laid or writing the name of a plant specie next to the actual plant? I guess it's a little late since I already did but just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I do it to mark where to refill to aswell as if I give medicines so I don't forget wipes right off as lon as it's not in the tank it's fine

Sent from fish phone

I can't imagine that it will hurt them because its on the outside glass. I do this for various different reasons sometimes.

Thanks! I was just asking since the owner of my LFS said he put windex on the outside glass and it killed his fish... :(

He might have gotten some inside the tank. I have used windex in my front glass with no loss of fish life

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup I've used Windex for the front glass before, no I'll effects, but as fish wrangler said he probably got it in the tank

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think that's what happened too.

I wouldn't worry. I use windex on the outside, but never spray near the tank, just on a paper towel or something then to the tank :)

Back
Top Bottom