Dumbest thing you did while cycling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I bought $98 worth of fish for my 36 gallon bow front tank. All got "MYSTERIOUSLY" ill (some died) at the same time. Little did I know I was supposed to cycle my tank first. Thank goodness to Petsmart policy and them feeling TERRIBLE for not telling me about cycling (I asked ALL of their employees at 3 stores near me what I needed to know and have to start a fish tank.) I got all my money back

I had my first tank 10 yrs ago. It was a 72 gallon hex. I inherited 6 full grown discus from a friend that was headed to do his second tour in Iraq. A month into cycling i added them to my tank. A week later i had six cases of noobicide. :hide: For a decade I've admired other talks from a distance, needless to say I'm finally over it! :dance: ...I still have that hex collecting dust. :(

My first tank was a 10g tank and I put fish in it the same day. Listened to Petco. A few days later I got a 20g tank and got an Oscar for it, Petco again.

That night I googled "Oscar care" and was like woooahhh.

So I immediately went out and got him a 55g tank to grow up in, and I talked a TON with Eco about cycling and stuff, he helped me save all my fish (until the Oscar ate the Neon's from the 10g).

SO I guess to wrap it up, the dumbest thing I've ever done while cycling is not actually know what cycling was ;)

Back
Top Bottom