Dwarf African Frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TygGer said:
Can and/or will these guys climb or jump out of the tank? I have the water level pretty close to the top of the tank.

I haven't kept any frogs before and I know some of these ADF have claws. Are they easily distinquished from the non-clawed variant?

I've never seen ones with claws, so my guess is that they are pretty rare. I did lower the water level an inch just to be safe, but they don't look like good climbers. Bioload-wise, they don't seem to contribute much waste.

OK, now I have a problem :( Twice today I have had to pull a frog out of the uptake part of my Whisper 60 hob filter. The suction must just be too much for the tiny guys. I turned the power down on it just now, and hopefully that will solve the problem, but are there any other solutions? Since the filter is designed for a 60 gallon max, it seems like my filter on half power is not going to be enough for my 55g tank. More importantly, what about in a week when I get my Hagen Fluval 304, is it going to be more or less of a problem? HELP! :!:

Tony Starks said:
OK, now I have a problem :( Twice today I have had to pull a frog out of the uptake part of my Whisper 60 hob filter. The suction must just be too much for the tiny guys. I turned the power down on it just now, and hopefully that will solve the problem, but are there any other solutions? :!:
Some people put pantyhose or some kind of aqua sponge over their intake.
My 10 gal's water is up to the top and there are some holes but mine have never jumped out nor have any of my fish.

RoK said:
Some people put pantyhose or some kind of aqua sponge over their intake.

Genius! I'm going to do that right now! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom